Posted:Jan 24, 2010
- WashPost on Cindy McCain’s support for marriage equality
- David Brooks on Haiti
- Matt Taibbi’s response to Brooks
- Guardian on Royal Caribbean decision to port at Labadie
- France bickering with US on Haiti control
- In Haiti, UN Paid $94, a Month for Now Collapsed Hotel, Called It Safe
- UN Doesn’t Count Haitian Staff – But Treats Them Equally, Ban Says
- At UN, Haiti Spun from Katrina, Clinton Supports Royal Caribbean Resort Cruise
- For IMF, Canceling Haiti’s Debt is Medium Term, UN’s IFAD Is Creditor
- On Haiti, While US Says $7M of Obama’s $1M Through UN, Overhead Costs In
- On Haiti, Ban Says All Through UN, Through U.S. Not, Watchdog Possible, Staff Questions
- Holbrooke Scoops UN’s Ban as de Mistura Brags, Nepotism by Proxy
- UN’s Afghan Selection Colored by Nepotism and No-Show Jobs, Karzai Veto Threats
- UNV Job of SRSG Choi’s Nephew in Ivory Coast Falsely Denied, Ban Question
- On War Crimes, UN’s Ban Listens to Sri Lanka President over Alston’s Views
- On Sri Lanka, Last Act of UN’s Ban Was Three Months Ago, Despite War Crimes
- NPR interview with Royal Caribbean CEO
- Oscar Lewis’s book “La Vida”
- NYT editorial on UN Afghanistan head
UN Plaza | Jan 24, 2010 | Matthew Lee & Jacqueline Shire
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury pays tribute to his friend and colleague Mark Kleiman, a professor of public policy who passed away on Sunday.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and Glenn Loury discuss the college admissions scandal, university athletics, and affirmative action.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright, Mark Schmitt, and Sarah Posner ponder whether Democrats should worry less about cutting into Trump’s coalition and more about mobilizing their own base.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss conservative reactions to Trump’s offensive comments about Rep. Ilhan Omar.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze the intra-Democratic feud.