Posted:Jul 26, 2014
- Bob Wright’s first book, “Three Scientists and Their Gods”
- George’s 1988 NYT review of the book
- Geoge’s Raw Data column, “Beyond Energy, Matter, Time and Space”
- Sidebar to the column, “Blind as a Bat”
- John’s Q&A with para-biologist Rupert Sheldrake
- John’s Q&A with physicist George Ellis
- Sean Carroll defends philosophy
- Thomas Nagel’s book, “Mind and Cosmos”
- Lawrence Krauss’s book, “A Universe from Nothing”
- Wikipedia on “turtles all the way down”
- Max Tegmark’s new book, “Our Mathematical Universe”
- John on inflation theory
- John’s profile of Andre Weil (PDF)
- John’s book, “The End of War”
- John’s report on the Breakthrough Institute Dialogue
- John’s 2008 diavlog with Michael Shellenberger
- Shellenberger and Nordhaus’s essay, “The Death of Environmentalism”
- “10 Failed Utopian Cities That Influenced the Future,” by Annalee Newitz and Emily Stamm
Science Faction | Jul 26, 2014 | John Horgan & George Johnson
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy discuss the bizarre Twitter backlash to Rihanna’s recent interview in Vogue.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze the Democratic debate.
The Wright Show
Max Blumenthal offers a dissenting view on the effects of Turkey’s incursion into Syria.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter examine the extreme risks of impeaching and convicting Trump.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis consider.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright speaks with Chris Lehmann, the new editor of The New Republic.
Noah Smith and Ben Burgis debate the pros and cons of Bernie Sanders’s proposal for free tuition at all public universities.