Posted:Jul 26, 2014
- Bob Wright’s first book, “Three Scientists and Their Gods”
- George’s 1988 NYT review of the book
- Geoge’s Raw Data column, “Beyond Energy, Matter, Time and Space”
- Sidebar to the column, “Blind as a Bat”
- John’s Q&A with para-biologist Rupert Sheldrake
- John’s Q&A with physicist George Ellis
- Sean Carroll defends philosophy
- Thomas Nagel’s book, “Mind and Cosmos”
- Lawrence Krauss’s book, “A Universe from Nothing”
- Wikipedia on “turtles all the way down”
- Max Tegmark’s new book, “Our Mathematical Universe”
- John on inflation theory
- John’s profile of Andre Weil (PDF)
- John’s book, “The End of War”
- John’s report on the Breakthrough Institute Dialogue
- John’s 2008 diavlog with Michael Shellenberger
- Shellenberger and Nordhaus’s essay, “The Death of Environmentalism”
- “10 Failed Utopian Cities That Influenced the Future,” by Annalee Newitz and Emily Stamm
Science Faction | Jul 26, 2014 | John Horgan & George Johnson
Bill Scher and Matt K. Lewis analyze the far-right Iowa congressman’s primary defeat.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy discuss the fallout from the Central Park birder incident.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter discuss race and the cops.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss whether the political conventions can take place during the pandemic.