Posted:Feb 16, 2015
- Jon Ronson on Justine Sacco
- Sam Biddle on Sacco
- Mother Jones on the dongle
- Apple Store lady
- Michelle Goldberg on PC
- William Giraldi’s Baffler piece, “This Brat’s for You”
- Jonathan Chait on PC
- Aryeh’s piece, “Robo-Chait”
- Amanda Hess’s piece, “Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet”
- Aryeh’s diavlog with Freddie DeBoer
- Alex Pareene on Chait
- Phoebe on privilege checking
- Goldberg’s piece, “Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars”
- Glenn Greenwald’s critique of Chait
- This American Life on trolling
- New Yorker on Mary Beard
- Phoebe on Jews in France
- Greenwald’s piece, “In Solidarity With a Free Press: Some More Blasphemous Cartoons”
- Aryeh’s piece, “Why Glenn Greenwald is wrong about Charlie Hebdo, anti-Semitic cartoons, and satire”
- Chait on Charlie Hebdo
- Phoebe on “Gone Girl”
- Gillian Flynn’s novel, “Gone Girl”
- Amy Schumer’s sketch, “A Chick Who Can Hang”
- Noreen Malone on “basic”
- NY Mag on “normcore”
- Man Repeller
- “Broad City”
- Phoebe on Lena Dunham
Culturally Determined | Feb 16, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Phoebe Maltz Bovy
The Wright Show
In the wake of the leaders’ joint press conference, Robert Wright and Jacob Heilbrunn consider the possibilities.
Matt Lewis argues that Trump erred by choosing Brett Kavanaugh instead of Amy Barrett for the Supreme Court.
Adult-film actress and activist Arabelle Raphael explains how the legal definition of “sex trafficking” is used to criminalize legal sex work.
Bill Scher lays out the political perils of the push on the left to shutter the agency.
The Wright Show
Journalist Sarah Posner explains why prospective Supreme Court pick Amy Coney Barrett appeals so strongly to both Trump and conservative Christians.