Posted:Feb 16, 2015
- Jon Ronson on Justine Sacco
- Sam Biddle on Sacco
- Mother Jones on the dongle
- Apple Store lady
- Michelle Goldberg on PC
- William Giraldi’s Baffler piece, “This Brat’s for You”
- Jonathan Chait on PC
- Aryeh’s piece, “Robo-Chait”
- Amanda Hess’s piece, “Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet”
- Aryeh’s diavlog with Freddie DeBoer
- Alex Pareene on Chait
- Phoebe on privilege checking
- Goldberg’s piece, “Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars”
- Glenn Greenwald’s critique of Chait
- This American Life on trolling
- New Yorker on Mary Beard
- Phoebe on Jews in France
- Greenwald’s piece, “In Solidarity With a Free Press: Some More Blasphemous Cartoons”
- Aryeh’s piece, “Why Glenn Greenwald is wrong about Charlie Hebdo, anti-Semitic cartoons, and satire”
- Chait on Charlie Hebdo
- Phoebe on “Gone Girl”
- Gillian Flynn’s novel, “Gone Girl”
- Amy Schumer’s sketch, “A Chick Who Can Hang”
- Noreen Malone on “basic”
- NY Mag on “normcore”
- Man Repeller
- “Broad City”
- Phoebe on Lena Dunham
Culturally Determined | Feb 16, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Phoebe Maltz Bovy
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy discuss the bizarre Twitter backlash to Rihanna’s recent interview in Vogue.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze the Democratic debate.
The Wright Show
Max Blumenthal offers a dissenting view on the effects of Turkey’s incursion into Syria.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter examine the extreme risks of impeaching and convicting Trump.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis consider.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright speaks with Chris Lehmann, the new editor of The New Republic.
Noah Smith and Ben Burgis debate the pros and cons of Bernie Sanders’s proposal for free tuition at all public universities.