Posted:Feb 16, 2015
- Jon Ronson on Justine Sacco
- Sam Biddle on Sacco
- Mother Jones on the dongle
- Apple Store lady
- Michelle Goldberg on PC
- William Giraldi’s Baffler piece, “This Brat’s for You”
- Jonathan Chait on PC
- Aryeh’s piece, “Robo-Chait”
- Amanda Hess’s piece, “Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet”
- Aryeh’s diavlog with Freddie DeBoer
- Alex Pareene on Chait
- Phoebe on privilege checking
- Goldberg’s piece, “Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars”
- Glenn Greenwald’s critique of Chait
- This American Life on trolling
- New Yorker on Mary Beard
- Phoebe on Jews in France
- Greenwald’s piece, “In Solidarity With a Free Press: Some More Blasphemous Cartoons”
- Aryeh’s piece, “Why Glenn Greenwald is wrong about Charlie Hebdo, anti-Semitic cartoons, and satire”
- Chait on Charlie Hebdo
- Phoebe on “Gone Girl”
- Gillian Flynn’s novel, “Gone Girl”
- Amy Schumer’s sketch, “A Chick Who Can Hang”
- Noreen Malone on “basic”
- NY Mag on “normcore”
- Man Repeller
- “Broad City”
- Phoebe on Lena Dunham
Culturally Determined | Feb 16, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Phoebe Maltz Bovy
The Wright Show
Robert Wright discusses the question with IDW member Bret Weinstein.
In the wake of the American embassy’s opening in Jerusalem, Bill Scher and Matt Lewis evaluate evangelical Christians’ relationship with the president.
The Wright Show
Journalist Rania Khalek on the weird array of groups armed by the US and its allies.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter critique Ta-Nehisi Coates’s recent essay on Kanye West.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss Trump’s unpredictable personality in light of the return of American hostages from North Korea.