Posted:Sep 13, 2017
- Bill Scher, Politico, “The Single-Payer Insanity”
- Margot Sanger-Katz, New York Times, “How Single-Payer Health Care Could Trip Up Democrats”
- Bill Scher, RealClearPolitics, “Nancy Pelosi Is Worth the Trouble”
- Bill Scher, Politico, “Hillary’s Message To Dems: Don’t Give Bernie The Keys”
- Matt K. Lewis, Daily Beast, “It Sure Looks Like Steve Bannon Wants the Democrats to Retake Congress”
- Matt K. Lewis, Daily Beast, “It’s Official: This Is the Year I Stop Watching Football (I Think)”
The DMZ | Sep 13, 2017 | Bill Scher & Matt K. Lewis
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter question the bleak outlook found in Ta-Nehisi Coates’s new book We Were Eight Years in Power.
Heather Hurlburt and Daniel Drezner presented in person by the Stanley Foundation. Find the recording here.
Daniel Drezner, author of the recent book The Ideas Industry, explains the cycle of praise and rejection that shapes the careers of top public intellectuals.
Former Weather Underground member Mark Rudd explains why he can’t write off the Antifa movement completely. Plus: Not so fast, comrade.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss whether Joe Biden can maintain populist appeal without making promises to the Sanders wing of the Democratic Party. Plus: Sunday Night Football, interrupted.
The Wright Show
Andrew Sullivan argues that a new Democratic focus on wealth inequality could “scramble” the country’s ideological divisions.
In light of the recent Harvey Weinstein scandal, Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss Mike Pence’s old-fashioned rule for interacting with other women.