Posted:Aug 12, 2014
- Glenn’s 1994 paper, “Self-Censorship in Public Discourse” (PDF)
- Albert Hirschman’s book, “Exit, Voice, and Loyalty”
- Orwell’s essay, “Politics and the English Language”
- Michael Walzer’s book, “The Company of Critics”
- Walzer’s book, “Interpretation and Social Criticism”
- American Prospect debate on affirmative action
- Sheryll Cashin’s new book, “Place, Not Race”
- “Julius Caesar,” Act 3, Scene 2
The Glenn Show | Aug 12, 2014 | Glenn Loury & Rajiv Sethi
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss the threat the candidate poses to the GOP’s core identity.
Brink Lindsey, co-author of the new book The Captured Economy, and Josh Cohen discuss the difference between equal opportunity and equal outcome. Plus: When unions show no sign of return.
The Wright Show
Judith Shulevitz on whether the sexual misconduct scandals will usher in a woman-friendly workplace.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze Doug Jones’s chances against the scandal-engulfed Roy Moore in the Alabama Senate race
The Glenn Show
Philippe Lemoine explains how conservative students can learn to thrive on liberal college campuses. Plus
: Changing the narrative on police brutality
Kate Lister, author of the upcoming book A Curious History of Sex, explains how overexposure to pornography is changing sex norms for teenagers.