Posted:Dec 1, 2008
- On Congo, Obasanjo Is Optimistic, Theron on Abuse by UN Peacekeepers, General Wants Camouflage
- Bolivian President and Nicaraguan Priest Slam Catholic Hierarchy,
- As Spain Uses Int’l Cooperation Funds for Dome, UN Denies, Ban Ignores
- At UN, Georgia Denies Ukrainian Backing, Longs for NATO and Dismisses Hanging Threats
- UN Leaves Civilians Outside Congo Bases, Peacekeepers are Absent, Kerim Is In Kinshasa
- Costa Rica on Arms and Openness At War With UN’s Secrecy Culture, What Is It Good For?
- UK May Hold Pirates Without Legal Authority, UK Guantanamo Bay
- UN Talks Child Soldiers But Lets Recruiters Off, On Manipur a Slow Start
- At UN, Costa Rican Openness Founders on W. Sahara, FOIA Leaves Swiss Dubious
- In Congo, 3 Troops But UN Still in White Fortresses, France – Rwanda Rift Downplayed
- Susan Rice to the United Nations
UN Plaza | Dec 1, 2008 | Mark Leon Goldberg & Matthew Lee
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss.
The Wright Show
Journalist Lisa Goldman, who lived in Tel Aviv during the second Intifada, describes how an atmosphere of fear and violence helped push Israelis to the right.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John Wood, Jr., spokesman for the bipartisan dialogue group Better Angels, consider why young black activists look to Malcolm X for guidance instead of Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bill Scher argues that Trump’s base cares more about the fight over border security than the actual policy.
Kat Rosenfield speaks with writer and comedian Bridget Phetasy about C.K.’s leaked stand-up performance.
The Wright Show
Christina Hoff Sommers makes the case that mainstream feminists aren’t seeing the world clearly.