Posted:Dec 21, 2018
- Julia Ioffe, Washington Post, “Please don’t wish me Merry Christmas”
- Matt Lewis, Daily Beast, “Everybody’s Wrong: Donald Trump Won the Chuck-n-Nancy Meeting, and Here’s Why”
- Bill Scher, Politico, “Shutdowns Are For Losers”
- Bill Scher, Politico, “The Midterms Message for Democrats in 2020: Go Midwestern Nice”
- Bill Scher at Williams College: “The Politics of 2020”
- Matt Lewis, Daily Beast, “Trump Should Dump Pence and Run With Nikki Haley”
- WWI Christmas Truce with David Pietrusza on Matt Lewis and the News
The DMZ | Dec 21, 2018 | Bill Scher & Matt K. Lewis
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy discuss how efforts to promote literature for women and minorities over “universal” literature can backfire.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade speaks with Marshall Curry, director of the Oscar-nominated documentary short A Night at the Garden.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis consider why Beto O’Rourke’s momentum fizzled after the 2018 elections.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury speaks with Imam Alfred Mohammad about Louis Farrakhan’s inflammatory and anti-Semitic statements.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and journalist Ron Kampeas assess the controversial remarks of Rep. Ilhan Omar.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade speaks with Daniel Kaufman about his recent essay on why American politics have become so juvenile.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy analyze the grassroots Twitter campaign.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis consider how Joe Biden could win the left’s vote while running on a message of bipartisan unity.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Conor Friedersdorf offer advice to Sen. Sanders.