Posted:Jul 30, 2021
- Joel Achenbach’s article, “Experts ask to see data behind new policy”
- The New York Times op-ed on the morality of watching the Olympics
- Apoorva Mandavilli’ piece, “Vaccinated People May Spread the Virus, Though Rarely, C.D.C. Reports”
- Bob and Connor Echols’ piece, “Delta’s lesson: Think locally, act globally”
- Nonzero is hiring!
- Aaron Maté’s podcast on the 2013 chemical weapons attack in Ghouta
- Bob’s debate with Eli Lake
- John Ellis’ piece, “Four Illusions”
- The Parrot Room, “Class Conflict”
- The Parrot Room, “Class Conflict” (audio only)
- The Parrot Room, “Class Conflict” (Substack)
The Wright Show | Jul 30, 2021 | Robert Wright & Mickey Kaus
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and Robert Wright discuss the necessity and difficulty of tamping down tribalistic behavior and thought.
Bill Scher and Matt K. Lewis discuss the possibility that we’re headed for another government shutdown.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and critic Sophie Haigney discuss the connection between digital art and signed baseballs.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Mickey Kaus debate whether Biden’s claims about his budget are lies or ordinary political hyperbole.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and historian Daniel Bessner discuss the possibility that combating climate change will require rethinking what it means to live a meaningful life.
Bill Scher and Matt K. Lewis discuss the late comic’s work and career.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade talks with Katie Baker about her recent essay on early ’90s Nickelodeon and how children’s entertainment has changed since then.