Posted:Jul 26, 2014
- Bob Wright’s first book, “Three Scientists and Their Gods”
- George’s 1988 NYT review of the book
- Geoge’s Raw Data column, “Beyond Energy, Matter, Time and Space”
- Sidebar to the column, “Blind as a Bat”
- John’s Q&A with para-biologist Rupert Sheldrake
- John’s Q&A with physicist George Ellis
- Sean Carroll defends philosophy
- Thomas Nagel’s book, “Mind and Cosmos”
- Lawrence Krauss’s book, “A Universe from Nothing”
- Wikipedia on “turtles all the way down”
- Max Tegmark’s new book, “Our Mathematical Universe”
- John on inflation theory
- John’s profile of Andre Weil (PDF)
- John’s book, “The End of War”
- John’s report on the Breakthrough Institute Dialogue
- John’s 2008 diavlog with Michael Shellenberger
- Shellenberger and Nordhaus’s essay, “The Death of Environmentalism”
- “10 Failed Utopian Cities That Influenced the Future,” by Annalee Newitz and Emily Stamm
Science Faction | Jul 26, 2014 | John Horgan & George Johnson
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Mickey Kaus discuss the rehabilitation of #MeToo miscreants.
Glenn Loury and Laurence Kotlikoff discuss the FDA’s coronavirus testing strategy.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade speaks with historian Katrina Gulliver about the fate of toppled statues.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss what picking Kamala Harris as VP means for the future of the Democratic Party.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and educator Michele Kerr discuss sending students back to school this fall.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Mickey Kaus discuss Trump’s campaign against the Chinese video app.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss the place of the filibuster in American democracy.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and theater critic and director Isaac Butler compare the filmed version of the musical with the stage version.