Posted:Feb 5, 2015
- Jonathan Chait’s piece, “Not a Very P.C. Thing to Say”
- Freddie’s first response to Chait, “I don’t know what to do, you guys”
- Amanda Taub’s piece, “The truth about ‘political correctness’ is that it doesn’t actually exist”
- Wikipedia on “PCU”
- Everyday Feminism on “ableist language”
- Freddie on campus activism
- Art Spiegelman’s graphic novel, “In the Shadow of New Towers”
- Chait’s piece, “The Democrats Have Two Choices Now: Gridlock or Annihilation”
- Doug Henwood on Hillary Clinton
- Alex Pareene on Chait
- Aryeh’s piece, “Robo-Chait”
- Tom Wolfe’s piece, “The ‘Me’ Decade and the Third Great Awakening”
- Freddie on civility
- Jacob Weisberg’s 2006 piece on Ned Lamont
- Andrew Sullivan’s 1989 TNR story, “Here Comes the Groom”
- Interview with Adolph Reed
- Freddie on Reed
- Wikipedia on “kayfabe”
- Dan Lyons’s post, “The Shanley Show”
- Tom Wolfe’s book, “Radical Chic & Mau-Mauing the Flak Catchers”
- Michelle Goldberg on “Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars”
- Michael Brendan Dougherty on P.C.
Culturally Determined | Feb 5, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Freddie deBoer
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and Dave Donovan discuss the new far-right meme that accuses liberals of lacking an inner life.
The Wright Show
Journalist Marcy Wheeler discusses how that could happen and what it could mean for Trump.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury argues that black identity and national pride aren’t mutually exclusive.
Matt Lewis argues that the Democrats’ presidential nominee should make Trump look old and out-of-touch.
Kat Rosenfield and Katie Herzog discuss body modification, “otherkin,” and people who believe they are animals.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and evolutionary psychologist Diana Fleischman discuss miscommunication between the sexes and what to do about it.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss the recent push from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other progressive lawmakers.