Posted:Sep 25, 2011
- Transcript of Netanyahu’s speech at the UN
- Transcript of Abbas’s speech at the UN
- At UN, Obama Goes Soft on Bahrain, Uses Sudan to Blunt Palestine Critique
- Hurry Up and Wait at UN on Palestine Application, Ashton Wants Talks
- At UN As Abbas Files for Membership & Speaks, Israel & Susan Rice Sit Glum
- On Palestine, Ashrawi Says US Uses “Blackmail,” Hopes Bosnia Does Right
- Palestine’s Shaath Calls Hamas Obstructive, Says Fear of ICC Shows Bad Intent
- On Libya, UN Report Sees 2 Military Observers, NATO but Not AU Role
- In Libya, UN Plans Over 2 Staff, Martin Says on NATO He Was Right
- At UN Chad’s Deby On TNC’s “Hypocrisy, ” 4, Chadians in Libya
- At UN, Sri Lankan Defends Religion From “Human Rights of Alien Cultures”
- At UN for MDGs, It’s 5 Cent But No Ban Ki-Moon, Hard Selling God’s Work
- Corporations Gone Wild at Clinton Global Initiative, Barclays Spin, No Haiti
- At UN on Kosovo, Churkin Says Ban Pressured to Leave UNMIK Vacant
Bloggingheads.tv | Sep 25, 2011 | Robert Wright & Matthew Lee
Historians Bill Black and Varsha Venkatasubramanian discuss Varsha’s encounters with Hindu nationalists in the Bay Area dating scene.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy critique the new publishing industry practice of reviewing manuscripts for potentially offensive content.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and Michael Sweeney consider whether there will ever be another show with such cultural resonance.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss the arrest of Julian Assange and the relationship between journalists and their sources.
The Wright Show
Yousef Munayyer, executive director of the US Campaign for Palestinian Rights, says that whoever the next Israeli prime minister is, the two-state solution is dead.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury speaks with leaders of the Rose Street Community Center, recently featured in the documentary Charm City, about efforts to reduce violence in East Baltimore.