Posted:Jan 21, 2015
- Elizabeth’s book of poetry, “Nights I Let the Tiger Get You”
- Bright Wall/Dark Room
- Patricia Lockwood’s poem, “Rape Joke”
- Lockwood’s book, “Motherland Fatherland Homelandsexuals”
- OTHERPPL with Brad Listi
- Pentametron Twitter bot
- Robert Frost reads “The Gift Outright”
- Dylan Thomas reads “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night”
- Thomas reads “A Child’s Christmas in Wales”
- Anne Carson’s “Nox”
- Carson’s “Autobiography of Red”
- Frank O’Hara’s “Meditations in an Emergency”
- Wikipedia on Yeats’s patron, Lady Gregory
- Nicholson Baker’s novel, “The Anthologist”
- Jessica Piazza’s book, “Interrobang”
- Philip Roth’s novel, “I Married a Communist”
- Final scene of “Twelfth Night”
- Wordsworth’s “I Wondered Lonely as a Cloud”
- “Halt and Catch Fire” on Amazon
- Cheryl Strayed’s book, “Wild”
- Final scene of “E.T.”
- Elizabeth on “Twin Peaks”
- Final scene of season two of “Twin Peaks”
- Christopher Logue’s book, “All Day Permanent Red”
- Brandon Som’s book, “The Tribute Horse”
Culturally Determined | Jan 21, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Elizabeth Cantwell
The Wright Show
Robert Wright speaks with Jack Goldsmith, author of the new book In Hoffa’s Shadow, about Robert F. Kennedy’s vendetta against the mafia-connected labor leader.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter reflect on the draw of identifying with your identity group.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze GOP Gov. Matt Bevin’s surprising loss.
Heather Hurlburt and Daniel Drezner consider the future of US foreign policy.
The Wright Show
Jack Goldsmith, author of the new book In Hoffa’s Shadow and the stepson of Hoffa’s right-hand man, Chuckie O’Brien, discusses.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze Rep. Gabbard’s recent moves.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy analyze the strange campaign of online insinuations against the actor.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and comic book writer Milton Lawson discuss the controversial comments by filmmaker Martin Scorsese.