Posted:Jan 21, 2015
- Elizabeth’s book of poetry, “Nights I Let the Tiger Get You”
- Bright Wall/Dark Room
- Patricia Lockwood’s poem, “Rape Joke”
- Lockwood’s book, “Motherland Fatherland Homelandsexuals”
- OTHERPPL with Brad Listi
- Pentametron Twitter bot
- Robert Frost reads “The Gift Outright”
- Dylan Thomas reads “Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night”
- Thomas reads “A Child’s Christmas in Wales”
- Anne Carson’s “Nox”
- Carson’s “Autobiography of Red”
- Frank O’Hara’s “Meditations in an Emergency”
- Wikipedia on Yeats’s patron, Lady Gregory
- Nicholson Baker’s novel, “The Anthologist”
- Jessica Piazza’s book, “Interrobang”
- Philip Roth’s novel, “I Married a Communist”
- Final scene of “Twelfth Night”
- Wordsworth’s “I Wondered Lonely as a Cloud”
- “Halt and Catch Fire” on Amazon
- Cheryl Strayed’s book, “Wild”
- Final scene of “E.T.”
- Elizabeth on “Twin Peaks”
- Final scene of season two of “Twin Peaks”
- Christopher Logue’s book, “All Day Permanent Red”
- Brandon Som’s book, “The Tribute Horse”
Culturally Determined | Jan 21, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Elizabeth Cantwell
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss what picking Kamala Harris as VP means for the future of the Democratic Party.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and educator Michele Kerr discuss sending students back to school this fall.
The Wright Show
Robert Wright and Mickey Kaus discuss Trump’s campaign against the Chinese video app.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis discuss the place of the filibuster in American democracy.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and theater critic and director Isaac Butler compare the filmed version of the musical with the stage version.
The Wright Show
Emma Ashford of the Cato Institute, who identifies with the realist school of foreign policy thought, discusses Russia’s 2014 intervention in Ukraine.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy analyze the so-called “Media Thirst Guys.”