Posted:Feb 16, 2015
- Jon Ronson on Justine Sacco
- Sam Biddle on Sacco
- Mother Jones on the dongle
- Apple Store lady
- Michelle Goldberg on PC
- William Giraldi’s Baffler piece, “This Brat’s for You”
- Jonathan Chait on PC
- Aryeh’s piece, “Robo-Chait”
- Amanda Hess’s piece, “Why Women Aren’t Welcome on the Internet”
- Aryeh’s diavlog with Freddie DeBoer
- Alex Pareene on Chait
- Phoebe on privilege checking
- Goldberg’s piece, “Feminism’s Toxic Twitter Wars”
- Glenn Greenwald’s critique of Chait
- This American Life on trolling
- New Yorker on Mary Beard
- Phoebe on Jews in France
- Greenwald’s piece, “In Solidarity With a Free Press: Some More Blasphemous Cartoons”
- Aryeh’s piece, “Why Glenn Greenwald is wrong about Charlie Hebdo, anti-Semitic cartoons, and satire”
- Chait on Charlie Hebdo
- Phoebe on “Gone Girl”
- Gillian Flynn’s novel, “Gone Girl”
- Amy Schumer’s sketch, “A Chick Who Can Hang”
- Noreen Malone on “basic”
- NY Mag on “normcore”
- Man Repeller
- “Broad City”
- Phoebe on Lena Dunham
Culturally Determined | Feb 16, 2015 | Aryeh Cohen-Wade & Phoebe Maltz Bovy
The Wright Show
Robert Wright speaks with Jack Goldsmith, author of the new book In Hoffa’s Shadow, about Robert F. Kennedy’s vendetta against the mafia-connected labor leader.
The Glenn Show
Glenn Loury and John McWhorter reflect on the draw of identifying with your identity group.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze GOP Gov. Matt Bevin’s surprising loss.
Heather Hurlburt and Daniel Drezner consider the future of US foreign policy.
The Wright Show
Jack Goldsmith, author of the new book In Hoffa’s Shadow and the stepson of Hoffa’s right-hand man, Chuckie O’Brien, discusses.
Bill Scher and Matt Lewis analyze Rep. Gabbard’s recent moves.
Kat Rosenfield and Phoebe Maltz Bovy analyze the strange campaign of online insinuations against the actor.
Aryeh Cohen-Wade and comic book writer Milton Lawson discuss the controversial comments by filmmaker Martin Scorsese.